Last month, as part of the 2019-2020 New York state budget plan, legislation approved a measure to broaden federal gun control in a new bill, titled, “The Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019”.
In accordance with this measure, The New York State Office of Court Administration (OCA) which provides a New York Statewide criminal history record search (CHRS) has raised its background check fee from $65.00 to $95.00 – That’s more than a 40% hike.
You can avoid this fee increase when using Fingercheck by easily running background checks directly from our dashboard. Don’t think you need background checks when hiring? Well, here are some facts that should make you think otherwise.
Background Checks by the #’s
• 90% of American corporations perform background checks
• 10% of all background checks have at least one serious red flag
• 53% of all job applications contain inaccurate information
• 18% of violent crimes occur within the workplace
• 78% of employers report significant lost time in negligent hiring cases
Still not convinced?
Well, Fingercheck’s integration with leading background check provider, SappHire is not only less expensive than running a check on your own but we also make the process easier and less time-consuming. Background check results can be received either the same day or up to 3 days. For more information please contact us or click here to learn more.