Is your small business hiring? Then you want to find the best candidates, especially in a tight labor market.
We have some questions that can help you assess a candidate’s qualifications, experience and fitness for the job. Just remember to tailor the questions to your specific opening and your company’s environment. We hope these questions can serve as a starting point.
And, if you want to make the hiring process fast and digital, we can help with Hiring by Fingercheck. We made the hiring process more efficient by making life easier for you so that you can focus on growing your small business.
10 questions for job candidates
- What can you tell me about your previous job experience?
- How did you become interested in this role?
- What specific skills and strengths do you bring to the position?
- Describe a challenging situation you faced in your previous job. How did you resolve or overcome it?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- How do you handle difficult situations with coworkers or customers?
- Tell me what you know about our company. Why do you want to work here?
- Can you provide an example of a successful project that you led or contributed to in the past?
- How do you stay organized and manage your workload?
- Can you describe a time when you had to adapt to a new process or system?
We’ve streamlined the job posting and recruiting process, making it easier for you to find the perfect candidates. With Hiring by Fingercheck, you can:
- Create detailed job posts and share them on the appropriate job boards.
- Rate applicants, assign hiring leads and allow team members to comment.
- Interview candidates quickly at any time and from any device.
- Hire employees online and follow an easy online onboarding process.
Automate your onboarding so new hires can hit the ground running
Once you’ve conducted your interviews and decided on the right hires, you’re almost there. Bringing qualified candidates to your team doesn’t end with hiring. Nope. You still have the onboarding process.
Onboarding by Fingercheck helps by taking new hires through the onboarding process quickly. It frees up your day and puts the paperwork in their hands, digitally. Traditional onboarding with paper takes roughly 90 minutes per new hire. By automating many of these processes, we provide you and your team with a seamless experience. With our help, you can:
- Auto-complete signed I-9s and W-2s.
- Select the payment method.
- Generate compliance documents.
- Use a geographical tax engine.
- Allow employees to self-onboard from anywhere, anytime.
- Generate employee contracts and share documents with employees.
As a small business owner, you’re no stranger to the importance of streamlining processes and maximizing your time.
Ready to work smarter?
That’s where Fingercheck comes in. We’re dedicated to strengthening your business by taking care of all those tedious and overwhelming tasks that can take up so much of your precious time. Are you ready to put time back into your day? Sign up now.