FingerCheck Introduces Free Electronic New Hire Reporting
In our continuous effort to expand our software services to support you in new and innovative ways, we are rolling out yet another new feature – electronic new hire reporting for all FingerCheck360 supported states! We know that when it comes to employer responsibilities, reporting new hires is just one of the many obligations you face when bringing a new employee to your staff.
You’re probably familiar with the way it works, but here’s a quick breakdown:
- As an employer, you are required to report new hires to a designated state agency shortly after the date of hire
- The new hire information is used by the FPLS to locate noncustodial parents in order to ensure that their child support obligations follow them wherever they go
- Federal law requires that new hires be reported within 20 days of the date of hire, however, some states impose shorter reporting time frames
- Each new hire report must contain basic employee data elements, but some states require additional data
- Federal law identifies three methods employers may use to transmit reports: electronically, through first-class mail or magnetic tapes; some states offer additional options like fax, email, phone, and website transmissions
- Penalties: Employers who fail to comply with their state’s new hire reporting requirements are liable for civic monetary penalties; fines can range up to $500 per newly hired employee, depending upon the stage and severity of the infraction
If you feel like this process is burdensome, you’re not alone. That’s why we’re lending our services to help you electronically report your new employees at no extra cost. That’s right – for free!
Our new hassle-free electronic reporting will release you of your employer responsibilities, ensuring that you never need to manually report another W-2 new hire again (1099 contractors not included).
How does it work? In true FingerCheck fashion, we’ve made it simple.
Right before activating your new employee in the onboarding process, a new toggle button will allow you to select “Report new hire” or “Already reported.” Toggle “Report new hire,” and we’ll send all the necessary information to the state database based on your employee’s tax location.
Rest assured that each new hire report will be filed according to your state’s regulations and requirements.
To begin using this service, please contact your support representative or contact us by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 1-800-610-9501.
We want to play a greater role in helping you comply with your business’s payroll requirements, and the addition of this new service brings us one step closer to our goal of becoming a full-fledged workforce management platform.
As we evaluate additional states for consideration to support our online payroll solution, FingerCheck360, this service will be automatically be included for each new state. With your business needs in mind, our team is hard at work designing even more features that will bring your company to the next level.
Remember, if you aren’t currently signed up for our payroll software, and you’re in one of the states we support, you can always upgrade! You’ll gain access to a whole host of new features, including employee self-onboarding, applicant tracking tools, paying employees through FingerCheck, and now, new hire reporting.